Updated: Feb 21
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup chopped walnuts (Optional)
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars. Then add eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt then stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
4. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set.
7. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.